- Raymond NH Good Eats–The Tuckaway Tavern & Butchery
- Southwest Florida Relocation Considerations
- Belly Up to the BRGR Bar—New Portsmouth Restaurant
- This Week at the Portsmouth Music Hall: The Lone Bellow
- Nashua’s Holiday Stroll
- Get into the Spirit with the Palace Theatre
- Trotting with the Turkeys in New Hamphire
- Do You Live in a Haunted House?
- Madison’s 5th Annual Halloween Town
- Top 5 Pumpkin Picking Spots in NH
Bird Banding Demonstration – Auburn NH
Guest post by Beverly Youree of www.nhaudubon.org
Where: Massabesic Audubon Center, 26 Audubon Way, Auburn, NH
When: Saturday, March 24, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Join Jay Barry, licensed bird bander for 40 years, as he shows us the fascinating banding process from capture to release. Using mist nets to catch birds, we will ID, band, and record our findings for the national database.
You will be able to learn how to identify species, sex, and age with a variety of live subjects!
We will also discuss the MAPS (Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship) program that will be happening at Massabesic in summer. Analyses of the resulting banding data provide critical information relating to the ecology, conservation, and management of North American landbird populations, and the factors responsible for changes in their populations.
For more information, feel free to contact Jane Hanson – 603-668-2045