- Preparing for warmer days: 10 places to find good Ice Cream in NH
- Berkshire Hathaway Verani Realty Merges with Lakes Region Realty Group: More Exciting Changes in the Lakes Region!
- Life is made up of acts of love and kindness: Ava’s Army supporting her all the way!
- Spring in New England: A time to Reflect, Renew and Prepare
- Good Eats: Amphora in Derry, NH
- Congratulations to our very own Steve Russo on his Election Win!
- Raymond NH Good Eats–The Tuckaway Tavern & Butchery
- Southwest Florida Relocation Considerations
- Belly Up to the BRGR Bar—New Portsmouth Restaurant
- This Week at the Portsmouth Music Hall: The Lone Bellow
Bird Banding Demonstration – Auburn NH
Guest post by Beverly Youree of www.nhaudubon.org
Where: Massabesic Audubon Center, 26 Audubon Way, Auburn, NH
When: Saturday, March 24, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Join Jay Barry, licensed bird bander for 40 years, as he shows us the fascinating banding process from capture to release. Using mist nets to catch birds, we will ID, band, and record our findings for the national database.
You will be able to learn how to identify species, sex, and age with a variety of live subjects!
We will also discuss the MAPS (Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship) program that will be happening at Massabesic in summer. Analyses of the resulting banding data provide critical information relating to the ecology, conservation, and management of North American landbird populations, and the factors responsible for changes in their populations.
For more information, feel free to contact Jane Hanson – 603-668-2045