- Celebrating “National Blueberry Month” right here in NH!
- Fun facts if you are moving to New Hampshire
- All British Car Show is coming to Hudson, NH
- Hamburgers. The City of Portsmouth has been taken over by hamburgers.
- It’s No Surprise—NH makes CNBC’s List of “10 Best States to Live in”
- Summer Fun in Derry, NH
- Two Loons on a Lake: Enjoying a Picture Perfect day on Massabesic Lake in Manchester, NH
- Summer Fun for Kids in Hooksett, NH
- Good Eats: Serving up Award-Winning Soups at Seacoast Soups in North Hampton, NH
- 2014 NH 4th of July Fireworks Schedule
Donna Jean’s Diner: “Never Trust a Skinny Cook”
I actually also needed breakfast since we all know that breakfast is the meal of champions. On my way through Weirs Beach, I have passed a small diner dozens of times and had never stopped. Huge mistake on my part. The diner is Donna Jean’s Diner, located at 1208 Weirs Boulevard. The diner is open Monday – Sunday for breakfast and lunch from 6am – 2pm.
We were able to be seated right away. I didn’t count the number of tables, but I bet the diner could hold 80 – 100 people (don’t quote me on that). There are tables that look out over the channel and if one were fortunate to sit at one of those window seats, you would be able to watch the boats going by. I am hoping to sit at one of those tables on my next visit. The diner is quaint, comfortable, and relaxed. I loved a couple of the signs that were hanging on the walls: “Never trust a skinny cook” and my favorite, “This is a drama-free zone!”
Our waitress, Tori greeted us with a smile and a cup of coffee, brewed to perfection. The veggies in my vegetable scramble were cooked just right: not too mushy and not to crisp. My husband chose the ham-and-cheese omelet and he truly enjoyed each bite. We are both picky about our hash browns, so the question was, would Donna Jean’s hash browns pass the test? I am happy to report that they were cooked to perfection.
Nothing like a delicious filling breakfast to start my day! Bon Appetit!
Debbie Kelley is a Londonderry-based agent covering the areas of Londonderry, Derry, Manchester, Hooksett, Candia, Deerfield, Laconia, and beyond. Debbie is an E-Certified agent. To contact Debbie, or find information on her listings, visit her agent page.